Naringin is the major flavonoid glycoside in grapefruit and gives grapefruit juice its bitter taste. It is metabolized to the flavanone naringenin in humans.
Both naringin and hesperetin, which are the aglycones of naringin and hesperidin, occur naturally in citrus fruits. Naringin exerts a variety of pharmacological effects such as antioxidant activity, blood lipid lowering, anticancer activity, and inhibition of selected drug metabolizing cytochrome P450 enzymes, including CYP3A4 and CYP1A2, which may result in drug drug interactions in vivo. Ingestion of naringin and related flavonoids can also affect the intestinal absorption of certain drugs, leading to either an increase or decrease in circulating drug levels
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-mutation, anti-carcinogen.
- Hypotensive activity, function as urogastrone, alleviating pain.
- Tranquilizing, lowering blood viscosity, reduce the emerge of the thrombus.
- Improving partial microcirculation of nourishment, preventing and curing cardiovascular disease.
- Applied in food field, various foods are using it as the raw materials.
- Applied in cosmetic field, it can be used for nourish the skin.
- Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is made into a tablet or capsule, which is often used to eat less and coughing much sputum.
Part of Used Fruit
Appearance White to light yellow crystalline powder
Application Food additive, Natural pigments
Video & Articles
Xi’an SR Bio-Engineering Co., Ltd
Xi’an SR is a professional wholesale provider of many quality herb nutritional supplements products such as Maqui Berry Powder, Saw palmetto extract, Dihydromyricetin(DHM) and more…learn more