Kelps are large seaweeds (algae) belonging to the brown algae (Phaeophyceae) in the order Laminariales. There are about 30 different genera. Because of its high concentration of iodine, brown kelp (Laminaria) has been used to treat goiter, an enlargement of the thyroid gland caused by a lack of iodine, since medieval times. Along with other sea vegetables, kelp is nature’s best source of iodine.
- With similar polysaccharide structure to heparin, fucoidan has good anticoagulant activity;
- It has the inhibiting effect on the replication of several coated virus, such as human immunodeficiency and human cytomegalo—vims;
- In addition to inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it can also restrain the diffuse of tumor cells by enhancing immunity;
- It can obviously reduce the content of serum cholesterol and triglyceride. Besides, it has no such liver and kidney damage, or other side effects
- It has the function of antidiabetics, radiation protection, antioxidant, the inhibition of heavy metal absorption fluctuate, and the restraint of mammals zona-binding combined.
- Applied in health food field, be widely used in food additives industry, which can be added into the dairy, beverage, healthcare products, pastries, cold drinks, jelly, bread, milk and so on;
- Applied in cosmetic field, it is a kind of water-soluble polymer natural extracts with antiphlogistic sterilization effect. So it can be used as a new type of high moisturizing instead of glycerin;
- Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is the raw material of new tradition medicine which is often added in kidney products.
Part of Used Wide variety of algae, marine phytoplankton, aquatic shellfish
Appearance Brown Yellow Powder
Specifications 10% 20% 50%
Application Food health products
Video & Articles
Xi’an SR Bio-Engineering Co., Ltd
Xi’an SR is a professional wholesale provider of many quality herb nutritional supplements products such as Maqui Berry Powder, Saw palmetto extract, Dihydromyricetin(DHM) and more…learn more