Deer antler velvet can act as a natural adaptogen, restoring homeostasis to an unbalanced body by helping where it is needed. Deer antler velvet has an effect on many systems of the body given its complex chemical composition. The active ingredients in deer antler velvet are mostly precursors that are required by the body to process substances that maintain its health and wellbeing. Deer antler velvet is a 100% natural food. It is not a synthetic, foreign substance. Therefore, deer antler velvet is safer and better at bringing the body to homeostasis than any drug because it is a whole food that acts on the whole body.
- improvement in general health
- increase in blood supply and circulation
- reduction of blood pressure
- increase in energy levels and endurance
- increase in muscular development and strength
- improvement in flexibility and joint mobility
- increase in muscle recovery
- prevention and reduction of inflammation
- improvement in sexual health
- development of the skeletal system
- stimulation of the immune system function
- improvement in mental health
- anti aging effects
In traditional use of deer antler velvet, it was used to remedy sexual disorders in men such as impotence, premature ejaculation and watery semen. The estrogen hormone most affected by deer antler velvet is estradiol. Estradiol is a precursor
According to modern research, deer antler velvet has shown gonadotropic activity. This means that it can stimulate growth and increase the weight of both the seminal vesicles and prostate to treat menstrual disorders and menopause in women. Dr. Lee Sang-In of Kyung Hee University in South Korea says deer antler velvet is also used to treat infertility in woman.
Other studies by both Fisher and Wang indicate that antler may increase levels and can help prevent some conditions associated with aging. Russian researchers claim that compounds found in antler can ease the effects of menopause in women.