Natural Pygeum Africanum Extract is a large evergreen tree found in central and southern Africa. The extracts from the pygeum bark contain several compounds thought to be helpful in prostate health.
Pygeum bark extracts have been used for more than 40 years in France, Germany, and Austria for patients suffering from prostate enlargement. Benign prostatic hyperplasia, a nonmalignant enlargement of the prostate that occurs in most men over 60, can lead to urinary frequency and nocturia. Frequent interruption of sleep leads to daytime tiredness.
The pharmacologic use of pygeum bark africanum for the treatment of BPH has been growing steadily and a well-known herb used for this purpose is sawed palmetto. Pygeum africanum extract of the African prune tree, pygeum africanum, is one of several herbal agents used by many men who have BPH.
– Natural Pygeum Africanum Extract can inhibit benign prostatic hypertrophy and cancer of the prostate.
– Natural Pygeum Africanum Extract has the function of restoring the secretory activity of prostate epithelium.
– Natural Pygeum Africanum Extract also can be used for incontinence, urine retention, polyuria or frequent urination, dysuria.
– Natural Pygeum Africanum Extract can protect the bladder smooth muscle against cellular damage caused by ischemia and reperfusion.
– Natural Pygeum Africanum Extract can clear bladder neck urethral obstruction, significantly improve urologic symptoms and flow measures.
Pygeum africanum bark p.e. can be made into capsules, troche as healthy food and drug.